Tech Yahoo, Production Engineer - Publishing Products more... ▼
|First posted:||March 24, 2017|
Yahoo! Sports is one the leading Sports destination on the Internet and we are looking for talented engineers with a passion for Sports to join our growing team.
As a Software Engineer, DevOps, Production Engineering (PE) you will have ownership of designing and leading the delivery of key components of Yahoo! Sports and supporting infrastructure to meet the high quality and performance bars. The team is the power behind engineering goodness for our production systems. By writing, designing and implementing software to drive velocity, operability, reliability and performance, the team ensures continuous quality on production systems as we embed deeply in the many layers and stages of software development.
Yes, we are DevOps! We are all about: 1) Enabling a culture of ownership and excellence, 2) Engineering process that are Automated and Agile, 3) Developing tools that are Self-Serve and (Re)Usable. Our mission is to: 1) Deliver products to market quickly, 2) Prevent defects from reaching customers, 3) Repair production issues quickly. If you believe in the above, come join us.
At Yahoo we want engineers that are self starters and problem solvers with ability to do so with new and legacy code. Using innovative ideas to solve complex issues, while integrating easily with the running ecosystem, is a key trait that will fit very well in the organization. As a member of the PE team, you will drive such innovations with your developer partners and provide the operability arm by treating software as a first order responsibility.
As the "world's largest startup", Yahoo's projects are fast-paced, challenging, specific and use a rich mix of data-backed science with test and experiment driven iterations. More importantly, in a fun and collaborative environment!
We are looking for software engineers who
- Have a passion for solving difficult technical problems, from the network to the application stack;
- Like to relentlessly automate everything and anything at scale (tens of thousands of servers);
- Spend time trying to figure out how something works, not stopping with just knowing what it does;
- Want to make real web applications and back-end systems faster, more reliable, more efficient;
- Think outside the box to build systems that collect, instrument, analyse data and provide insights about the system
- Thrive on fast-paced projects, enjoy having broad and deep technical knowledge and are driven to iterate with new technologies.
You Must Have
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree;
- Intermediate to advanced level of coding expertise in one of the languages Python, Perl, Go, Node, Java;
- Solid experience with writing, understanding and enhancing algorithms, data structures, scripting, and software design practices;
- Experience with build & deploy technologies such as version control, Maven, Docker, Chef
- Experience with containers and container orchestration technologies such as Mesos, Kubernetes.
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines is a plus;
- Strong experience in administering, debugging and tuning web apps and containers and related tech;
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux system internals and tools for troubleshooting application stack dumps and networking;
- Experience in driving incident resolution and in addressing technical aspects (during and after) to both tech and non-technical audiences;
Please mention PublishingJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.