Research Scientist - Yahoo Publisher Products more... ▼
|First posted:||March 24, 2017 (last updated 2 weeks 5 days ago)|
A Little About Us
The Publishing Products stream team provides personalized, content-based recommendation for (please use the apply button below), News, Sports, and Finance.We serve millions of users per day across North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, and Australia. As part of the team, you will be responsible for the algorithms and science used for the underlying user profiles, recommendation, and ranking.
A Lot About You
Research new sciences underlying online publishing and advertising across all devices. Provide fundamental and applied scientific leadership through published research, product innovation, and new technology. Analyze data, identify problems, devise solutions, build prototypes, and design offline simulation and online experimentation. Work closely with product and engineering teams to realize models and algorithms in production-ready systems, and analyze simulation and experiment results. Initiate and execute modeling projects, develop new and innovative algorithms and technologies and pursue patents where appropriate.
- Propose innovative ideas to improve the quality of the Yahoo Stream ranking, personalization and recommendation
- Propose innovative ideas to improve the quality of Yahoo content understanding
- Perform statistical analyses on large data sets, identify problems and propose solutions
- Conceive, design, prototype, and evaluate complex algorithms and statistical models that can be integrated into the ranking and serving platform
- Document prototype implementations and experimental results
- Work with product teams to gain acceptance of proposed technologies and designs
- Generate intellectual property with patent applications and publications at relevant venues
- Stay current on published state-of-the-art techniques for ranking, recommendation, personalization and machine learning
You Must Have
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, or similar field
- Strong track record of developing novel and scientifically sound techniques to solve real world problems
- Solid programming skills in Java, C++, or scripting languages like Python or R in a Unix environment
- Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing and modeling large data sets
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, ranking, personalization, recommendation, natural language processing, forecasting or optimization
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture
Please mention PublishingJobs.org
if asked how you found this job.